Troop Uniform Requirements
The Troop 70 uniform consists of:
- A uniform shirt worn tucked in.
- Required patches including:
- Council Strip (Pikes Peak Council)
- Unit Number (70)
- Badge of Office
- Only one badge of office will be worn.
- A leadership position will have precedence over other badges of office.
- Badges of office are provided by the troop.
- US flag
- Patrol Medallion
- Badge of Rank
- All merit badges are worn on a sash.
- Sashes are worn only on special occasions.
- A Troop 70 or Eagle Scout scarf with a slide.
- Scarves are awarded by the troop at crossover or upon joining the troop.
- A white turk's head woggle tied by the scout is the preferred scarf slide.
- A Boy Scout belt and buckle are also required.
- Scout trousers/shorts are recommended, but not required.
- Scout socks and hats are encouraged, but not required.
The Troop 70 uniform will be worn at all:
- Boards of Review
- Courts of Honor
- Scout events (unless otherwise specified)
- To and from camp outs
Upgrades in uniform are encouraged. Downgrades are not permitted.
During summer months, the uniform will be optional Class B T-shirt or the regular uniform shirt.
New Troop members are expected to possess the Troop 70 uniform within 90 days of joining Troop 70.
The Committee Chairman must approve waivers.
The Scout Service Center located in the Offices at the Park; 2760 N Academy Blvd, Suite 120 is a fully equipped Scout Shop.
Equipment, uniforms and supplies may also be ordered directly from BSA headquarters through the Scout catalog or online .
Last Updated ( Sunday, 10 June 2007 )